Expert Fee and Expense Policies
- Expert Fee and Expense Policies (Non-Capital and Non-Criminal Cases at the Trial Level) Mar 2020
- Expert Fee and Expense Policies (Potentially Capital Cases and Appeals) Jul 2019
- FY07 Capital Trial Case Study: PAC and Expert Spending in Potentially Capital Cases at Trial Level Dec 2008
- Review of Decisions of the IDS Director or Designee Jan 2009
Expert Fee Application
- IDS-003 – Potentially Capital Cases and Appeals Fee Application Oct 2020Note: Experts SHOULD NOT Perform any work Above the Amount Pre-Authorized
- IDS-028 – Ex Parte Request for Expert Funding Apr 2021Submit At Least 5 Business Days Before Needed
- Indigent Defense Attorney or Expert Electronic Payment Form Mar 2021
Note: If you are an expert assisting an attorney who is representing an indigent person at state expense, and then only in a case in which the Court is responsible for approving funds for experts, the attorney should provide you with a copy of Form AOC-G-309, Application and Order for Defense Expert Witness Funding in Non-Capital Criminal and Non-Criminal Cases at the Trial Level. Expert must complete Section III and Section IV of this form after services are rendered to apply for payment.
Lodging/Meals: For all fee applications received at the IDS Office on or after August 1, 2019, the following list details the various rates of subsistence per day for travel related expenses. Please keep in mind that the reimbursement for lodging is the actual room rate up to the allowance shown plus actual taxes.
Mileage: For all fee applications received on or after August 1, 2019, the mileage reimbursement rate is $.50 per mile.
|Lodging (actual, up to)||$75.10||$88.70|