Capital Expert Fee and Expense Policies
- Expert Fee and Expense Policies (Non-Capital and Non-Criminal Cases at the Trial Level) July 2023 Jul 2023
- Expert Fee and Expense Policies (Potentially Capital Cases and Appeals) July 2023 Jul 2023
- FY07 Capital Trial Case Study: PAC and Expert Spending in Potentially Capital Cases at Trial Level Dec 2008
Capital Expert Fee Application (OCD/IDS Funded)
***Please request your expert payment for Capital cases with the IDS-003 form below.
***Please submit your IDS-003 to the IDS Office via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- IDS-003 – Potentially Capital Cases and Appeals Fee Application Oct 2020
Note: Experts SHOULD NOT Perform any work Above the Amount Pre-Authorized
- IDS-028 – Ex Parte Request for Expert Funding (Capital Trial) Feb 2022
- IDS-029 – Ex Parte Request for Expert Funding (Capital Post-conviction) Feb 2022
- Indigent Defense Attorney or Expert Electronic Payment Form Apr 2023
Non-Capital Expert Fee Application (Judge Funded)
***Please request your expert payment for Non-Capital cases with the AOC-G-309 Form below.
***Please submit your AOC-G-309 via email to email@example.com
Lodging/Meals: For all travel completed on or after July 1, 2023, the following list details the various rates of subsistence rates per day. Please keep in mind that the reimbursement for hotel/lodging is the actual room rate up to the allowance shown plus actual taxes. Hotel receipts are required. Meals are reimbursed at one per diem per overnight stay. Meal receipts are not required.
Mileage: The mileage reimbursement rate is $.625 per mile effective September 01, 2022.
Public Defenders and Staff: Click here to be taken to revised policies and travel request forms.
Effective July 1, 2023:
|Effective July 1, 2023||In-State||Out-of-State|
|Lodging (actual, up to)||$89.10 + tax||$105.20 + tax|