On October 10, 2023, North Carolina state government will launch a new financial system. In advance of our transition to the new system (NCFS), here are some key pieces of information to help make the transition as seamless and possible.
- Please continue to conduct your business as usual. The new system will have no impact on attorneys and experts’ ability to generate and submit fee applications to IDS for payment.
- Upon launch of NCFS, IDS will no longer be able to add or edit vendor (payee) records in the system. All changes will be made by the Office of State Controller (OSC).
- If there is a change to your tax identification number or a change to your address or the name of your business or firm, a NC substitute W-9 form (see link below) will need to be sent to IDS so we can send it to OSC for processing.
- All new attorneys and experts must submit the NC substitute W-9 in order to receive payment.
- IDS encourages all payees to receive payments electronically. Please use the form found in this link receive payments electronically.
- Payment dates after the go-live date of NCFS have not yet been shared with IDS.
- The IDS payment dates web page will be updated as soon as this information becomes available.
- The October payment dates for IDS contract attorneys will be shared as soon as the information is available. However, please continue to submit your hours by the seventh of the month so the data is available, and payments can be made with minimal delays.
- The new NCFS will be an upgrade over the current NCAS system, however as with any new system there may be some “growing pains” and the transition may result in some delays. We will do everything we can minimize this, and we appreciate your patience.